Yellow Kala cotton dress/kurta: The Indian Ethnic co.
Textile Gajra/Hair accessory: Pure Ghee Designs
Flower Basket/ Planter: Amazon
This post is partially an ode to the long sunny days we have been waiting for to come by ever since spring arrived, and partially an ode to my favorite pastime which is walking around open fields and picking up wildflowers. More specifically then, an ode to sunshine and warm temperatures and the ability to enjoy & capture the simplicity of life that lies in such moments. Since photographs lasts longer than the flowers themselves, I feel these moments are worth documenting since these are small yet significant things that bring immense happiness in our lives.
Feeling an extreme sense of gratitude about warm sunny days, I took a long walk in an open field near our apartment the other day and hand-picked these beautiful bright yellow moonshines and some miniature versions of lavender and spent a some time admiring and arranging a wild and whimsical bouquet of these roadside beauties in a small cup.
This tiny little bouquet of joy reminded me of all the things i have been waiting to indulge in ever since summer arrived. This year has been better so far as compared to the last one when summer arrived super late & we missed enjoying most of it. I have been preparing myself this year to enjoy it as much as i can and finish my tiny bucket list before it lasts. I have been taking long walks with Brownie lately, well they are mostly nature’s calls for this little guy but we try to make the most of it.
My goals for this summer is to simply enjoy warm temperatures outside, spend time with family doing summer activities and to just revel in the beauty of all things summer bring us like fresh grass, wildflowers, sunshine, summer dresses etc. A few things on my mind are:
- More long walks around the field. Although the yellow wildflowers have no longer sustained but there are luscious purple lavender and tiny white daisies around our block i have been dying to pick and bring home.
2. I have heard walking on grass barefoot is considered therapeutic and i would like to indulge in that this summer. I remember my childhood days spending hours in the park playing barefoot on the grass but i haven’t enjoyed that feeling in a long long time. The goal is to relive all these moments before i get too old to even remember the emotions attached to it.
3. I started seeds for a tiny indoor garden by the kitchen window sill a while ago, it has been a few weeks and i can already see some seeds sprouting beautifully. My plan this summer is to cook more veggies at home so our small little family can enjoy the fresh herbs from my garden. With that said, i also want to sow some new seeds to be able enjoy them throughout summer before winter knocks our doors again.
4. Forgive me for being old school but i have been dying to spend weekends exploring new places and having a Family Picnic together. And now that we have a third member, it will be involve more fun & fetch games.
5. If you know me truly, you know the fondness i hold for sarees and cotton clothes. Although since last year, not even harsh weather has been able to stop me from wearing what i love but it has been mostly indoors. This summer i am planning to take my sarees & cotton blouses out in the sun.
6. In continuation to that thought, i have certainly found myself quite comfortable taking pictures around our apartment not praying for the perfect weather to arrive but i would really love to bask in some sunshine and capture those moments as they are supposed to be.
7. Visiting local Farmer’s Market every Saturday. We have a really amazing farmer’s market every Saturday from May through September. Last year we visited it only twice and missed some of the amazing local products that we could have bought & enjoyed. This year we already had our first visit last Saturday and we also took Brownie with us so he could make some friends and we are planning to visit it as many times possible. We bought some farm fresh strawberries, juicy tomatoes and ginger infused honey, so yum & super healthy, right?
Concept and styling: Tanvi Mutneja (@tanvi_msidhu)
Photography : Tanvi Mutneja