It’s been a month ever since we extended our little family! Most of you might have come across these cute teddy bear eyes on my Instagram or through my last blog post on “Things i am grateful for in life right now” where i mentioned him as the greatest blessings in life, which he is really. But for those who haven’t heard or read about him, I thought a short introduction post about our first puppy would be nice! 🙂
I have been emphasizing on the sentence “first puppy ever” for quite a lot for a reason. If you have known me in real life, i am someone who has never ever held a dog or even a puppy in my arms all through my life, 29yrs to be precise. While growing up, my brother and I were not very fond of pets and the thought of having one around us never crossed our minds.
Growing up in India, there were always stray dogs outside the house and everywhere around our neighborhood. Most of them were quite aggressive and would follow us as we walk past them and would hear about the horrifying biting incidents every now & then. I feel i had developed an everlasting fear of dogs inside me because of such incidents and i just couldn’t see myself being around them or even touch them no matter what. Even the friendly ones scared the hell out of me, honestly!
Over the years, having a variety of experiences and countless life lessons learnt, i can say I have had a change of heart towards a lot of things in the last few years, like for an example, i started a small plant family last year because i feel so much connected to things nature provides us and it has become an important part of my life. One thing that i have learnt by taking care of these tiny babies is a feeling of compassion towards them, similar to how i feel for dogs now. Kindness and compassion towards other people has been my two strong qualities, something i learnt from my parents and they have honestly gotten much stronger with time.
Since past one year I have been sending signals to my husband that i am finally ready to get a dog now. 😀
The only thought that made me strong enough to make this big decision was that i certainly didn’t want to let this fear lead my whole life and definitely not something i would want to pass onto my future children. I want my kids to grow up around a pet and develop feelings of kindness & compassion towards other species instead of letting fear rule their life for no reason.
So with all due courage and audacity, we made up our mind and decided to get a furry friend last month 😀. To be honest, the first days were extremely difficult (more on that later) and i had a rough start but believe it or not, when i look at these teddy bears staring at me, i feel so blessed and grateful for having experience this once in a lifetime.
A little about Brownie:
– He was born on 4th Feb, 2019 at a farmhouse in Ohio, from where we got him. He and his brother looked exactly alike with a little bit of difference in the fur color. It was definitely a tough decision to make but since my husband held Brownie for a longer time than the other one, i think he just fell in love with him and we decided to take him home.
– He is Shichon – a Shih-tzu and Bichon Frise mix. They are also known as teddy bear breed for obvious reasons.
– The first time we held him, he was this cutest little thing, calm and quite and looked just like a teddy bear. But as soon as we got him home, he showed his true colors. He loves to play a lot, a lot! And runs like crazy wild, 2-3 times a day after he’s done with his potty. Being his age, he’s filled with so much excitement, it gets quite overwhelming sometimes.
– He has already developed nick names : Booglie, Boogie and a lot more!
– He gets super excited meeting new people and socializing with other dogs. Also, he isn’t afraid of big size dogs as one might think looking at his size but on the other hand, he gets super scared from pressure cooker & mixer/grinder sound.
Also, he has his own Instagram account coz he loves making new friends : @Brownie_thefurball
That’s all for now. Will share some more fun facts about him as he learns new things. He’s currently looking at me, waiting for me to play with him!
I hope you guys enjoyed the pictures 🙂 I don’t think I could describe the feeling in words of having him around me all day but it has been quite a beautiful journey ever since this cutest little fur ball entered in our lives. A big thanks to my husband helping me step out of my comfort zone to experience this wonderful feeling, it wouldn’t have been possible without him ♥️
Concept and styling: Tanvi Mutneja (@tanvi_msidhu)
Photography : Tanvi Mutneja