Wondering why i look different in these pictures? Yes? Well, if you haven’t guessed yet , its because I got married recently…umm actually its been a month only! Are you all excited 😀 I guess I am! So since you all know how much I respect and love Indian culture, you will be seeing my next few posts with the Red bangles and Mangalsutra as well as Sindoor (will explain their meaning in my next posts). I am not giving them away just for the sake of having great pictures or thinking that it doesn’t match with the complete look! Well, I guess that’s what i feel. How about you? Feel free to share your thoughts 🙂
Anyways this photo-shoot was done about a month and half ago when i was prepping up myself for my wedding and was trying to loose weight (ssshhh…) 😛 I guess i did (just a little bit :P) and it was that time of the year when everyone around the world was enjoying the beautiful yellow & orange hues of fall trees including me! At that time I knew once i take off for my wedding in India, I will be heading back to a super cold Cleveland weather in december. Yes its terrible…:/
Oh so comfy, Bomber Jacket!
And in today’s post I am talking about a piece of clothing that is just not for a single season but is a multi-season investment! I am talking about “oh so comfy! Bomber jacket”. And yes those who are not familiar with the name, it is called as “bomber jacket” and makes you look like a bomb chic (lol too cheesy! :P) Anyways, it’s very versatile, super comfy & super trending piece of clothing this season. In fact every winter season as well as fall and spring. Whether worn super over-sized with arms rolled up or shrunken 90’s style, they work just well with any dress or a pair of shredded jeans and are really comfortable , which is always a win! 🙂
And what’s interesting this year is that they come in a daring range of colors & prints, patches and what not, for all those who care to adventure beyond the classic black! There are various ways of styling this uber cool bomber jacket, the most common being styled with shredded/ ripped jeans & a tee along with sneakers for an everyday casual look.
- Or, with shorts or skirt in fall season for a laid back vibe.
- Over a printed dress with boots for a feminine & relaxed look.
- Or going for a different material such as silk or satin! Yes, this season’s new addition have all the different kinds of materials, from futuristic florals or metallics to monochrome classics! (I have attached a wishlist at the bottom for you all of different colors and style of Bomber jacket. Don’t forget to check it out!)
As i said before, i wanted to invest in a piece that will last for more than just one season & something that is ultra-chic & fun. But styling my clothes like everyone else does, does not describe me at all. I always look for out-of-the-box ideas when it comes to fashion and something new for my audience 🙂 So i decided to change the gears to style this pink patched bomber jacket in juxtaposition with an elegant all black tulle outfit (which has also been assembled by my own) to add some fun to it.
I have always been inclined towards a bohemian lifestyle and being a free spirited person, which i can say i am not there yet but working my way out. Bohemians don’t care about popularity or style: they care about expressing themselves. So wear what makes you feel good! I usually wear a lot of black and i guess its because black make me feel confident and helps me express myself without being too loud! And this outfit expresses all the things i am and i strive to be: elegant, subtle, free-spirited, flowing with the wind, accepting myself with all my flaws and never perfect 🙂
Hope you guys enjoyed reading!
Bell sleeved Crop top / Tulle skirt / Bomber skirt: Forever 21
Also, if you guys have been following me on Instagram, you might have come across a lot of traditional outfit pictures from the time i was around my wedding & i am also working on sharing some of my experiences & struggles with you all in my next few posts, so stay tuned for it 🙂[slideshow_deploy id=’817′]
Also, I am very excited to share that one of my recent post ” All black is the new black” was selected and featured on Links à la Mode at Independent Fashion Bloggers website. I was very excited to share this news with everyone but as soon as i landed in India i had little to no time to go through my wedding preparations. But here I am, sharing this post with all the other articles which were featured along with mine! Take a look 🙂
Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) cultivates a community for fashion bloggers to share their experiences and create a resource so everyone can build a better blog.
Links à la Mode, November 10th
- Canadian Tuxedo: Twin Brother is Watching You!
- Cat Eyes & Skinny Jeans: November Crush List!
- Cover Mum: The Navy Blazer
- Fashion Fairies: 3 Days 6 Looks! Diwali Special
- Finite1: Tunic and Leggings Style and What I Am Thankful For
- Five Foot Nothing Shopping: 9 Ways to Style a Blanket Scarf for Petites
- I’m a Norbyah: Introducing Swagalls
- La Veine: The Future Creators
- Les Assorties’: Fashion Film Insights: The 12 Project
- Lucy Van Dean: Fashion Bloggers at Fashion Week
- Modavracha: OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum Review
- Mon-Chic Style: Don’t be a Crybaby!!
- Ms. FABulous: 5 NYFW Designers Who Cast Real People for Spring 2017
- My Own Sense of Fashion: Pastry and Pastels – An Interview with Designer Shelby Rider
- Smile is it: How to Wear Tulle Skirt and Metallics this Fall/Winter Season
- Style with Nihan: Public Desire Strappy Lace Up High Heels
- Suzanne Carillo: DIY Rhinestone Booties
- The Urbanista: All Black is the New Black!
- Trendee Toad: 8 Things Every Woman Needs at Her Desk this Fall
- Wish and Wear: Hidden Layers